Drama Workshop Assistant Volunteers
Suitable for -
Moonstruck Astronaut is a not-for-profit community theatre company based in Newport, Shropshire. Our mission is to bring the local community of Newport, Shropshire together through theatre projects and foster friendship, self-expression, belonging and confidence, first with our primary-school age children, then extending to young people and adults in time.
We have started running a Youth Theatre in Newport and continue to run outdoor Drama in the Forest workshops.
We are seeking volunteers to join our passionate team and help Moonstruck Astronaut community Theatre Company succeed in filling the gap in supporting local children’s creative development.
Volunteers have to be 16 years or over. There is no upper age limit.
Moonstruck Astronaut community theatre company is seeking to recruit Drama workshop assistant volunteers for the ‘Summer Drama in the Forest’ week-long outdoor workshop for 6-12 year olds to be held at Wrekin Forest School, Crudginton Moor Lane, Telford, TF6 6EE on the 8th – 12th August.
Times 8.30am – 4pm
To support Head workshop leader, Deputy Workshop leader and each other to facilitate the project where 16-20 children will be taught drama skills.
-Volunteers are to support the mini play development when the children work in small groups, acting as a facilitator
- Help facilitate drama games and exercises
- Offer input, lead whole group warm ups, cool downs, lead drama games if would like to
- Provide feedback to the team at the end of the day
- Assist all children in having a great time
- Support the fun, inclusive and safe collaborative environment, enabling participants to co-create enjoyable outdoors theatre.
- A certain degree of physical fitness is needed.
- Work as part of a team.
- Reliable and arrive to help on the dates and times agreed.
- Confident and assertive with younger children.
- Quick-thinking, resourceful, positive and adaptable.
- Prior experience in drama and a passion for drama would be ideal.
- Understand the importance of the groups Health & Safety procedures.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality & safeguarding vulnerable children/and or adults.
- Valuable experience of hands-on drama workshop facilitating
- Impressive CV credit as a ‘workshop leader’ on professional drama workshop
- Enjoyable work experience supporting younger children’s development
- Reference provided upon request.
This role requires an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. (DBS)