Speak Out. Stay Safe. Volunteer
Suitable for -
NSPCC ‘Speak out. Stay safe’ volunteers are returning to primary schools in Shropshire. We are looking for new volunteers to join them in Telford and Wrekin and help us protect a generation of children from abuse and neglect.
Our ‘Speak out. Stay safe’ volunteers visit primary schools to deliver ‘Speak out. Stay safe’ workshops that teach children about the different types of abuse and how they can speak out to stay safe.
Our ‘Speak out. Stay safe’ workshops are age-appropriate and memorable and need energetic and enthusiastic people to deliver them.
We provide online, face to face and in-school training and support and ask people for an initial commitment of up to half a day a week during in-school training, and then 2 school visits a month after that.
You’ll work alongside other ‘Speak out. Stay safe’ volunteers to make sure at the end of each session, children feel empowered and know who to speak out to if they are worried. In addition, this is a very rewarding volunteering role. Jacqui, who has volunteered with the Schools Service for 7 years says: “I love being a ‘Speak out. Stay safe’ volunteer. There is tremendous support, excellent training and most of all the opportunity to speak to children in a structured and empathetic framework and give them the courage to Speak Out and Stay Safe”.
Who’s right for the role? While we think this role is suitable for a whole range of people, we are particularly looking for those with the following qualities and experience:
- Committed to NSPCC values and representing NSPCC in the role and beyond
- Passionate about children’s rights, including their right to be safe
- Empathic and perceptive
- A Lifelong learner
- Flexible and adaptable
- Feel comfortable talking to large groups of children
- A team player and able to work independently
- Basic IT skills, this includes being able to use email, power point presentations, our Volunteer Hub and online meeting platforms such as zoom or MS Teams
- Willing to rise to a new challenge