Why we need your help:
RABC ’s local community appeals and campaigns require local volunteers to ensure their success. As an FVDO, you will support your Community Engagement team with the development of engagement/donor recruitment volunteering. This will include the recruitment and development of the voluntary services, supporting your Community Engagement Manager with the ongoing development of our volunteers to ensure our donor initiatives have the appropriate number and skill mix of volunteers to meet the Business Strategy.
What we need you to do:
- To manage the smooth day to day running of the Volunteer Recruitment Programme
- Ensuring the effective recruitment and retention of volunteers, which includes recruitment campaigns to increase volunteer numbers, advertising, interviewing, induction programmes, matching them to the appropriate Community Engagement Manager, organising training from both inside and outside the organisation and encouraging their development whist with us.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with like minded organisations to further our volunteering aims.
- Provide an advisory service on volunteer management. Develop a network of ‘volunteer’ Volunteer Co-ordinators to support Community Engagement Managers.
- Manage projects involving volunteers. Responsible for the organisation of the Volunteer Consultation Group.
- To be responsible for the accurate recording and security of personnel records and computer databases for all volunteers in line with data protection legislation and confidentiality requirements.
- In Create and review annually role descriptions for each volunteer role within the Community Engagement team.
- Support the management of volunteer expenses, reimburse, maintain records of expenses and deal with any anomalies.
- Develop strong links and partnerships with external parties and other volunteer groups and represent the organisation at external volunteering functions and events.
- Develop productive relationships with volunteers, colleagues and stakeholders, dealing with conflicts if they arise and provide support and guidance when appropriate.
- To attend any appropriate meetings.
- Deliver talks to outside organisations promoting the benefits of Volunteering.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulation in relation to volunteers.
- Responsible for keeping the volunteer handbook up to date and ensuring each volunteer receives a copy.