Great Dawley Town Council is committed in offering volunteering opportunities and values the contribution they make in helping us deliver our priorities around engaging, developing and working with our local community through services, events and activities.
We offer a safe environment for volunteers with appropriate induction and training for each role with continued support from a contact within the team. The Town Council services wouldn’t be as great as they are without our dedicated volunteers! (THANK YOU)
Community Library Volunteers
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Issue Library Cards
- Assist customers with loaning and returning of books using self-check out
- Basic use of Library Computer Systems
- Tidying books into relevant sections of book shelves
- Report any faults with the system or operation to Library Service contacts
- Deal with customer enquiries – signpost them to relevant services
- Hand out Dog Fouling Bags
Report environmental concerns via My Telford App when raised by customers
Any dates and times to suit your availability – even if you can spare an hour.
Training Great Dawley Town Council can offer for this Role.
Great Dawley Town Council have a range of training opportunities that can be completed online:
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Child Protection
- Induction and Training with Community Library Assistant
External Training with Telford & Wrekin Library Services for Computer Systems.